Every morning, E and D bolt outside to find disgusting creatures to torture for awhile.
This girl be stylin’.
We cleaned out the garage and unpacked a few things on Saturday in near triple-digit temperatures. The children were thrilled that we unpacked “chest” again.
I started reading “Gone with the Wind.” I’m burning time off of Purgatory trying to get through this book. Perhaps I’m the only one who wants to punch Scarlett in her pale Southern face.
P’s Godfather (and uncle) stayed with us over the weekend, and P was THRILLED to have the chance to play him in chess.
This is my favorite shot:
B wanted pretty much nothing to do with his uncle for the first day and a half of his visit, but he finally warmed up enough to agree to sit beside him.
“You just keep your hands and feet over there, and I’ll be over here, and we’ll pretend we’re not sitting next to each other–got it?”
Later, after the kids were in bed, my husband, his brother, and I played a little Trivial Pursuit–ancient edition. Pretty sure it was made in the 70′s. Since the oldest of us was born in 1981, it was off to a slow start.
I would just like to point out here that I was drinking wine and was in the lead for the first ten minutes or so.
And then the guys started getting questions like these:
How sad is it that I knew every single answer to these questions (without looking at the answers on the back), but I never got a card like THIS one.
(Answers: Grand Canyon, Heartbreak Hotel, Soviet Union, Gotham City, by flying, Wimbledon.)
But I’m sure you knew those already.
What kinds of questions did yours truly get? Questions that made my brain hurt. Questions so ridiculous, I don’t even remember them.
Just so you know, if Trivial Pursuit asks you a question with a number as the answer, just answer “zero.” You’ll be right 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time, the answer is 3.